Vanilla Space Ice Kream Almond Bars
This snack bar recipe from Veggies at Tiffani's doubles as a quick and healthy breakfast - and a new way to enjoy Vanilla Space Ice Kream.
1 ½ cups raw almonds
8 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup almond butter
¼ cup ground flaxseed
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
12 pieces Vanilla Space Ice Kream
1. Add dates, coconut oil, almond butter, flaxseed, vanilla extract and sea salt to a food processor. Mix on high until a smooth paste has formed.
2. Add the almonds to date mixture in the food processor and pulse until they are in small pieces, scraping down the sides periodically.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the cranberries.
4. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add the mixture and press down into the bottom of the pan, as evenly as possible.
5. Arrange Space Ice Kream pieces on top, pressing each piece lightly into the mixture.
6. Transfer loaf pan to the freezer for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
7. After removing the loaf pan from freezer, let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before using the sides of the parchment paper to lift the set mix out of the pan and transfer it to a cutting board.
8. Cut into 6 equal-sized bars. Store in freezer.
Makes 6 Servings.