Savory Coconut Jerky Sushi Roll
A raw, vegan sushi roll that’s light and perfect for summer. It features a parsnip “rice” that is an anti-inflammatory alternative to traditional sushi rice. Rehydrated Savory Coconut Jerky is combined with fresh veggies and avocado to create a flavorful filling.
2-3 nori sheets
1 sliced avocado
½ cup sprouts
– Parsnip Rice
1 cup peeled and chopped parsnip
2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
½ tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon coconut nectar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup diced Savory Coconut Jerky
¼ cup diced sweet bell peppers
¼ cup diced cucumbers
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1. Make Parsnip Rice: Combine parsnip and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until rice-sized.
2. Transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Set aside.
3. Make Filling: Combine Savory Coconut Jerky and additional ingredients in bowl and let sit for at least 1 hour.
4. To form rolls, lay nori flat and spread with a layer of rice, followed by a layer of the Savory Coconut Jerky filling. Top with avocado slices and sprouts and roll.
5. Serve with tamari or coconut aminos.
Makes 2-3 rolls.